CODE COMPLIANCE SERVICES IN BRADENTON
Reliable & Trustworthy Home Electrical Inspections
Electrical code violations create a hazard inside your home and jeopardize the safety of your family. Most code violations result from shoddy workmanship by improperly trained technicians, who often use substandard materials. Additionally, modern appliances usually necessitate a wiring upgrade, especially in older homes.
While the project may appear to be relatively simple, many jobs do not conform to national, state, and local electrical codes. Any job that involves wiring, circuit breakers, panels, switches, and outlets should always be done by a trained, licensed, and certified electrical contractor like Luminous Electric. Our Bradenton electricians understand these complexities and can provide you the peace of mind that your home is up to code.
Contact Luminous Electric today to learn more about our code compliance services and to schedule a service with our electrical team.
Common Code Violations
Electrical work must adhere to the National Electric Code (NEC) and comply with additions and modifications approved by regional and local building code jurisdictions.
Some of the most common electric code violations stem from a failure to follow these provisions:
- All kitchen countertop outlets must be GFCI.
- Outlets must be located no more than 20 inches above the countertop. The code does provide exceptions for handicapped and island outlet placement.
- Outlets should be installed on walls with a minimum width of 24 inches.
- Outlets should be available every 12 feet.
- Any hallway that extends beyond 10 feet must contain at least one outlet.
- Face-up outlets are prohibited.
- A minimum of one outlet should be installed on peninsulas or islands.
- Outlets should be installed above all countertops wider than 12 inches.
- An outlet must be positioned within three feet of the outside edge of every installed sink.
- All outlets in a bathroom must be GFCI.
- Face-up outlets are not allowed on countertops.
- A separate 20 amp branch circuit must be installed to accommodate high-wattage devices.
The NEC is a common standard that helps ensure homeowner safety and continuity throughout the country. Professional electrical contractors rely on the NEC code as the single standardized source for installation and training practices. Local code officials in Bradenton and the surrounding areas expect compliance with the provisions of the code. At Luminous Electric, all of our expert electricians are certified and trained to conform to all code requirements.
We specialize in electrical inspection services to make certain your electrical system is code compliant. If we discover any components that are unsafe or not up to standard, we can usually perform the necessary adjustments right on the job site. We check wiring, outlets, switches, breakers, and the electrical service panel to ensure everything is connected properly and safely.
Professional Electrical Service
If you suspect you have an electrical issue, contact our Bradenton code compliance specialists at Luminous Electric today. We can answer any questions you may have about your electrical systems and sched