Wiring & Rewiring Services in Bradenton
Trust Your Electrical System to Our Professional Team
Many homeowners invest heavily in safety-related improvements, but the electrical system in an older home is often overlooked. Aging wiring, outlets, switches and breakers were not designed to meet the demands of today’s power-hungry electronics and appliances.
Over time, a steadily increasing load combined with accumulated stress and wear on the electrical network can create a serious potential hazard. The professional electricians at Luminous Electric offer complete electrical rewiring services in Bradenton to help improve system efficiency and ensure the safe operation of all your powered machines and appliances.
Contact our Bradenton electricians today to learn more about our wiring and rewiring services.
Important Facts about Electrical Wiring
According to several studies, electricity usage has grown by more than 400 percent since the 1950s. However, many of the original electrical systems installed in older homes and buildings are still operating today without any significant upgrades.
The wiring used in modern homes is far superior to the products that were manufactured and installed decades ago. If you have an older home that was built to minimum standards, chances are the electrical system is operating beyond its design capacity.
Look for the following signs that might indicate your home needs to be rewired:
- Lights flickering or dimming when appliances are turned on
- Breakers tripping frequently
- Exposed wiring in the wall, floor, or ceiling
- Power loss when multiple appliances are engaged
- Obsolete fuse panel
- Porcelain fuses heating up
- Lack of grounding for high voltage appliances
Home Rewiring Essentials
An electrical wiring upgrade is appropriate for a variety of reasons, but the most common applications include:
- Renovations and remodels: A remodeling project provides an opportunity to bring existing wiring up to code. Most renovations include the installation of new electronics or appliances, which will place an additional load on your home’s wiring system. Installing new wiring will ensure that everything has sufficient power to function properly. Rewiring upgrades are less expensive to install when the walls, ceiling and floors are accessible.
- Electrical system upgrades: Older buildings generally have a service of 100 amps or less. While this may be sufficient for most homes, pool pumps, HVAC systems, and additional appliances may require more power. A service panel replacement is often part of a rewiring upgrade.
- Home damage repair: Flood, storm, and fire damage can affect a home’s electrical system. If you experience an unexpected catastrophe, a home inspection can help determine if your electrical system has been compromised.
The Rewiring Experts
There are many benefits associated with rewiring your home, including better safety, improved functionality, and higher resale value. Additionally, insuring an older home with outdated or faulty wiring can be problematic. We can help bring any home or business up to current building codes. For those living in Bradenton and the surrounding areas, Luminous Electric is a professional contractor specializing in electric installation, repair, and maintenance.
Trust your wiring and rewiring project to our professional Bradenton electricians. Request a service appointment today. We also service Tampa and the surrounding areas.