10% off Outlet Repair
Sarasota Bradenton, FL: You expect light switches and electrical outlets to work properly, but they don’t always cooperate. If your outlets or lights are not working, you can conduct a few troubleshooting steps to fix simple problems. If these basic steps still leave you in the dark, it’s best to contact us at Luminous Electric, in Bradenton or Sarasota, your residential electrician specialist, to repair the problem for you and avoid putting yourself or your home at risk.
Outlets Not Working
- If a plugged-in device doesn’t work, try plugging it into another outlet. If it works then, that means the outlet is faulty, not the device.
- Plug the device back into the faulty outlet. Turn on all light switches in the room and try operating the device again.
- Check the breaker box for a tripped circuit breaker, visible because it’s not lined up with the others. Switch the breaker off and back on to reset it.
- Check for a blown fuse, which appears burnt and black.
- If the faulty outlet is in the bathroom, it should feature a ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI). If you reset the outlet by pressing the built-in button and it trips again immediately, there could be a dangerous water leak that requires immediate attention from a Bradenton or Sarasota electrician.
Lights Not Working
- Assess whether one light or the whole room isn’t working.
- If a bulb has blown, switch off the light. Wait for the bulb to cool and change it out for a new one of the correct wattage.
- If the entire circuit is down and the room is dark, open the fuse box. If a circuit breaker has blown, reset it and the lights should work again.
These troubleshooting tips fix basic problems, but remember, to ensure you are and your family stay safe, it’s best to contact your residential electrical specialists at Luminous Electric in Bradenton or Sarasota if the outlets and lights still aren’t working.
And right now we can help you save money AND get your outlets and lights working again! Take advantage of this great offer for 10% off any Outlet Repair and call us TODAY since it’s only offered for a limited time!
*Service area includes: Manatee & Sarasota Counties, Not valid for cash back, cannot be combined with other specials or offers, cannot be applied to current or past jobs. Offer good for residential service only. Appointments are to be performed during normal business hours, Limit one deal per household, good for 10% off. Does not include any excavation or underground installation. Does not include permits, parts or materials. Expires 9/30/2014